500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Monday, July 3, 2023

Work from Home: A Coloring and Activity Book for Grown-ups, by Harper Celebrate

 

Publication July 18, 2023

I had an image in my mind the whole time I was reading this one of the creators giggling and rolling their eyes as they put it together. It's just plain ol' fun. Full of humor, amazingly right-on-target drawings, word games, suggestions for lists and imaginative drawings, it is a "very serious coloring book for very serious grown ups" who work from home, typed tongue-in-cheek, I'm sure. Heck, there are even drink mix instructions. Okay, maybe not so tongue-in-cheek. Cheers?

The artwork is just detailed enough to make viewers grin and nod, thinking "Yep. True" the entire time. I'm not quite sure which was my favorite, it'd probably depend on mood and the day, but as a retiree I was definitely drawn to the "poster" declaring the new, official dress code to be "pajama professional". Made sense to me. Have to admit, though, the "It's 5 '0'Clock somewhere" one made me grin, too. 

In other words, there's surely something for everyone, from the multi-tasker watching tv across from their laptop to the one pondering why they never knew how their pet spent their days or the exercise machine slowly becoming a clothing rack, they all had a ring of familiarity. All done with humor and a "We're all in this together" spirit. Thanks #NetGalley and #HarperCelebrate for this delightfully humorous tribute to the work-at-home warriors. Even this retiree could relate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...