500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Friday, July 21, 2023

Bitter Brew, by GA McKevett

Another old review from Facebook, July 21, 2020
 
I've just finished a cozy mystery that I really liked, all the more surprising as it took me a bit to get into it. GA McKevett's "Bitter Brew". Part of the Savannah Reid series for those who follow that one and dealt with two timely issues, pain med addiction and genetic diseases that are ultimately fatal. She used a fictional one but lots of info on various legit info/support groups for real ones and a deft handling of the main character's brother's addition to pain meds after an accident. I know I was way past wary of the pain meds they usually prescribe when I was dealing with my broken arm, pretty much relying on good ol' Tylenol most of the time, but could definitely see why those in severe pain, which I never was, could lean to heavily on prescription pain meds. Hence, could see how someone, albeit a fictional guy this time, could fall into the trap of taking more of them if the prescribed dose didn't do the job. 
 
So, anyway, bummer themes aside, what are you reading? Right now I'm reading "Theater Nights Are Murder" by Libby Klein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...