500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Jingle Belly, by Jacinta Froud, Gabriella Petruso (Illustrator)

 

Available August 1, 2023

Happy. This book made me happy.

It also made me smile. Grin. Chuckle. And, laugh out loud. It also made me look at my own dog as she watched me react. A corgi mix, I'm just glad she isn't an Eddie. Fortunately she doesn't share his zest and talent for mischief and mayhem. 

Eddie on the other hand....oh, my. He seems the typical, happy corgi but, sigh, does leave a bit of confusion and chaos behind him. Just ask that Christmas angel. And, poor Nanna. I hope that wasn't an heirloom sarong. I had to laugh as Eddie collected, uh, let's call it holiday decor from just about anyone who crossed his path. My dog disdains wearing anything more than a collar and a smile so I could just imagine the side-eye she'd be giving him. The reindeer hat was a nice disguise, however, as he left so many whirling in his energetic wake. But, oh, Eddie, I doubt ending your escapade at the vet's was in the plan. Nice xray, though. Just glad it all ended, uh, naturally. Hope your humans had extra doggie poo-bags on their shopping list. 

Seriously, this was a delightful, laugh-out-loud read. It'll make you grin. It'll make you laugh. It'll probably also make you appreciate your own dog's decorum a bit more in comparison to Eddie's wild child nature. I loved Eddie but was glad he was going home with someone other than me at the end of the day. My corgi girl seems downright demure in comparison. Thanks #NetGalley and #RosenPublishingGroup - #WindmillBooks for making my day better with Eddie's antics. The illustrations were fun and captured his exuberant personality well. Kids and grown-up kids will surely enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...