500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Friday, August 25, 2023

Sephen King nd more Facebook book thoughts

From Aug. 25, 2019

OLD FACEBOOK POST
 
So, what are you reading?
Just answered a "what are you reading?" question on another post and decided to share my answer with all. Right now, despite the following answer, I just realized I am reading Stephen King's book on writing, which is excellent, but....
"I'm still on my cozy mystery kick, tho' I read a sweet romance over the last couple days. While on this kick, I've read so many that I like but have found many "new to me" authors like Lilian Jackson Braun, Donna Andrews, and David Rosenfelt, who I know I've raved about already. Just rediscovered an author I'd read some time ago and liked but hadn't seen her books lately, Rita Lakin, so she's a happy new "refind". Have you read Spencer Quinn, aka Peter Abrahams? Love his Chet and Bernie series, which is narrated from the dog's point of view. Also on the new to me list, are Agatha Frost and Joanne Fluke.
Many more, but not those that were necessarily "new to me". I've found that I like, one, the comfortable idea of knowing the characters in a series and, two, that cozies usually have a dead body or two and some danger to the main character, but not the blood and gore of many other mysteries. Reflecting back to a comment David Rosenfelt made in an article somewhere, the main dog in his series, Tara, will never die, either, another plus for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...