500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

A World Full of Winter Stories, by Angela McAllister, Angela McAllister

 

Publication Oct. 10, 2023

Given how many feral rabbits have been hanging out in my neighborhood, I had to chuckle when the very first story, from Japan, was how rabbits came to be. Then there was the Siberian story of how a snoopy rabbit/hare got long ears. Somehow, my "rabbit alert dog" wasn't impressed but I was. These stories are delightful, colorfully illustrated and many seemed to focus on the concept of "we are better together". 

Separated into sections, this is one of the first cold weather related collections I've read that didn't focus almost entirely on the Christmas or holiday season. But, don't worry. The closing chapter contains several Christmas focused stories. All are traditional stories from various cultures, wonderfully, imaginatively illustrated, and can be easily read to a child in one sitting. You may feel ready to curl up in a mitten, like the creatures of the Ukrainian tale, as you read, however. Fun book. 

Thank you #NetGalley and #QuartoPublishingGroup - #FrancesLincolnChildren'sBooks for sharing this wonderful book with me. I'll be recommending it to our library, not to mention thinking of folks who might enjoy some reading material for our long winter nights here in Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...