500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Monday, August 14, 2023

Dear Rebel: 125+ Women Share Their Secrets to Taking on the World, from Rebel Girls

 

Publication October 3, 2023

Something for everyone. I opted to read these wonderful messages of hope and encouragement in spurts, so to speak, trying to fully take in the messages. I didn't recognize most of the women, bad me, but it didn't matter. They all had something to share. Something worthwhile. Words of hope. Words of comfort. Words of encouragement. Words of understanding and empathy. Words about, well, life. They're all here and we learn how universal experiences and emotions can be.

I'm not even going to try to summarize what is said. Each woman offers a snapshot of their life and how it may relate to others, so to speak, helping us connect to them and, hopefully, others. One of my favorite themes was the "What I'd Tell My Younger Self" concept. Haven't we all wished "if I'd only known then what I know now"? I know I have. The sharers are diverse, not only in race and culture but fields of expertise and experience. More than 125 contributors came together to offer up what they have learned in hopes of easing the way for others, particularly the younger generation. That said, even us "oldies" might learn a new trick or two from this, even if it just reminds us of things we know but maybe haven't used or thought for years. 

I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend this book to everyone. And, hey, guys, bet you could find words of relevance, too, so it's not just for females. You don't have to know everything as one noted, you just have to keep pushing and asking questions until you figure it out. I mean, one girls dream started with a gum drop vending machine. No lie. Thanks #NetGalley and #RebelGirls for once again sharing important words and experiences with me. Even this ol' gal can use some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...