500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Nature Is a Sculptor: Weathering and Erosion, by Heather Ferranti Kinser

 

Publication Sept. 5, 2023

Wow. Double wow. Stunning. I live in Alaska where some of Mother Nature's work is visible just about everywhere but this was like getting a virtual tour of her best work everywhere. Not only are the photographs eye-catching and revealing but the rather lyrical text explains in an easily understandable way what we're seeing and how it was formed. 

I honestly didn't expect to read this straight through almost as soon as I'd downloaded it but, well, a sneak peek hooked me. Not sure which photo is my favorite. They're all rather amazing. You can easily visualize some of the results standing in the world's most renowned museums in a reduced form, but the information provided is insightful. Put it together and it had me ready to grab my own camera and head out.

I won't detail the entries more as the blurb and, I'm sure, other reviews will do so. I'll simply say that I was impressed. Be ready to softly repeat "wow" repeatedly as you flip back and forth through the photos. Actually, I found myself so engrossed in them initially that I simply marveled at them first, then again as I went back and read. Whatever works for you.Thanks #NetGalley and #LernerPublishingGroup - #MillbrookPress for allowing me this wistful virtual tour. Now that my camera battery is charging, I'm thinking, hmm, Denali, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murder at the Rusty Anchor (A Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery 6), by Maddie Day

   Publication June 25, 2024 Not exactly the way Mackenzie "Mac" Almeida wanted to start her work day. She knew it couldn't be...