500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Julia Rothman's Nature Anatomy Activity Book: Match-Ups, Word Puzzles, Quizzes, Mazes, Projects, Secret Codes + Lots More, by Julia Rothman

 

Publication Sept. 26, 2023

Fun. Entertaining. Educational.

I'm not sure which of the activities grabbed me the most. No, that's not right. I've been pondering where I might have some sorta red-brown paper to try my hand at making an origami fox, so guess I'll give that one credit. Children may be more attracted to the idea of designing their own spider's web or making their own fossil but that's the real charm of this activity book. There's something for everyone, even us children at heart. 

The title pretty well tells you what's inside so I'm not going to drag out this review. I mean, I have puzzles to solve, clouds to observe and draw, tree rings to count, and...well, get my drift? It's a very hands-on book, inviting children to, gasp, write in it and record their own findings and ideas. For each topic addressed, there are fun activities, such as the edible constellation idea in regards to our night skies. Answers are given for the applicable activities, too, encouraging independent work. 

Thanks #NetGalley and #StoreyPublishing for providing us with these engaging prompts and ideas. I enjoyed every moment I spent with the book and will surely be going back to it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tangle Corgi Patterns Coloring Book

 Beautiful patterns to color. Great way to relax.