500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Saturday, November 20, 2021

White House Confidential: The Little Book of Weird Presidential History, by Gregg Stebben, Austin Hill, Will Durst


I've got to admit, while I found the various stories, tidbits, and wisps of gossip intriguing, I also found the going a bit chaotic. It tended to jump around a great deal, more from theme to theme than from president to president. As a result, especially reading on my phone as I was, I found it difficult to keep track of who did what and when. And, boy, there were a lot of whos doing whats. From Washington to Obama (published pre-Trump and Biden), not to mention several vice-presidents and assorted governmental figures, both well known and not, as well as some relatives of presidents, there was a lot to cover. I was aware of some of the information shared but had somehow, thank goodness in some cases, missed other bits shared. Bottom line, though hardly the book for someone seeking accurate, documented information about the presidents, this was a fun, easy read with just enough shared to catch your attention before moving on. Wow, who knew some of our presidents were so, well, uh, un-presidential? Maybe the real question is, what does the fact I thoroughly enjoyed it all say about me? Never mind. I'd rather not know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olive You to Death (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #16), by Lynn Cahoon

 Publication June 4, 2024 Let's see, missing bride, hidden treasure, and, oh, yeah, a dead body. I mean, it isn't like Jill doesn...