500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Monday, November 8, 2021

Lethal Lace (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #23), by Mildred Abbott


I've loved this series from day one and that love affair continues. Abbott has done a wonderful job of character development, making me feel like I know Fred and Watson and their many friends and family members. This book in the series struck me as both poignant and hopeful, with an eye to the future while treasuring the past. Just as grumpy corgi Watson remains, well, grumpy, Fred remains true to her fashion sense, even when it comes to weddings. For those who've followed the series, never fear. Help is at hand.... if she'll accept it. The murder may dominate Fred's thoughts leading up to the Christmas holiday but there is some family "stuff" to deal with, too, as well as the mystery of who did it. I have to admit, I didn't warm up to Leo initially but over time as the series has progressed have come to really respect and appreciate him for the man that has emerged from his past. Hey, Watson loves him. That's good enough for me.

Bottom line, if you like mysteries with well-rounded characters, even some who wear on you at times, people who care about others, even those who've done wrong, an incredibly beautiful setting, food, oh, my, the food, and corgis, grumpy or not, Lethal Lace should be a must read for you. In fact, you'll probably enjoy the entire series. My corgi mix, who isn't quite a grumpy as Watson, thank goodness, gives this one four paws and a tail wag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murder at the Rusty Anchor (A Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery 6), by Maddie Day

   Publication June 25, 2024 Not exactly the way Mackenzie "Mac" Almeida wanted to start her work day. She knew it couldn't be...