500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Monday, November 8, 2021

The Starlight Mint Surprise Murder, by Marla A. White


This was a fun, quick read. Although I'm still fuzzy on why Mel doesn't admit upfront to Marks that she's an ex-cop, I found that I liked and even sympathized with her, both past and present. While she comes across on the surface as cool and efficient, there are layers beneath that calm exterior that reveal the real Mel O'Rourke Due to the shortness of the story, think novella, the plot moves along quickly as the starring characters make their appearances and establish a connection to Mel. The setting sounds delightful, a bit of a winter wonderland, although I'm with Mel. No way I'd be crossing the rope bridge unless I absolutely needed to do so. What makes Mel, whose vertigo is established fairly early on, cross that bridge? Who isn't what they appear to be? Will Mel ever master her grandmother's seemingly famous cookie recipe? Will she save the family business? I hope there is a sequel because I for one don't have answers to all those questions. In the meantime, as I ponder them, give this book a read. It's short, fun, and full of action, not to mention there are a couple men that could be vying for Mel's affections.

Thank you #NetGalley, #BacklitPR and #TheWildRosePressInc for the ARC and a fun read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murder at the Rusty Anchor (A Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery 6), by Maddie Day

   Publication June 25, 2024 Not exactly the way Mackenzie "Mac" Almeida wanted to start her work day. She knew it couldn't be...