500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Monday, September 19, 2022

Castles, Catnip & Murder: A Cozy English Animal Mystery (A Dickens & Christie Mystery Book 5), By Kathy Manos Penn


Castles, Catnip & Murder: (A Dickens & Christie Mystery Book 5)

Interesting mystery and lots of Arthurian history mentions 

While I'm not familiar enough with yoga to have appreciated all the references to it in the story, I have seen comments here and there about cat yoga, so that wasn't a stretch, pun intended, to me. Although I was wary of the idea of talking animals when I first encountered this series, it's nicely done and while Christie, the cat, and Dickens, the dog, may talk to main character Leta, they retain their animal characteristics and don't come off as magical in any way. 
 
That aside, while they play a role in solving the crime, it's Leta and her friends who are at the center of the story. Leta's "across the pond" boyfriend even gets into the act via regular calls while Leta and the LOL (you'll have to read the book to discover what this stands for here) investigate and, yes, put themselves in danger's way. You'll like them, even while occasionally wanting to shake them and urge caution. This is a great series and, as noted above, I found myself learning more about the legend of Arthur and the continuing research into it as I read. Oh, my dog says, "Four paws and a tail wag", which I translated to mean five stars. Well, either that or "feed me".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murder at the Rusty Anchor (A Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery 6), by Maddie Day

   Publication June 25, 2024 Not exactly the way Mackenzie "Mac" Almeida wanted to start her work day. She knew it couldn't be...