500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Friday, September 30, 2022

Wreathing Havoc (A Garden Squad Mystery, book 4)


 Old review but by a favorite author, so saving it to this blog.

Wreathing Havoc (A Garden Squad Mystery, book 4)

By Julia Henry

Couldn't wait to finish but hated to finish....

I couldn't wait to finish this book but, sigh, found myself slowing down deliberately as I neared the end. I've come to thoroughly enjoy and feel as if I know these characters or, at the very least, would like to know someone like them, and didn't want to leave their company again. Thus, I was prolonging my visit as much as my curiosity would allow. Lilly and her Garden Squad are a wonderful set of friends and sleuths with Lilly's reasoning power the ultimate catalyst that solved the crime. I like, one, that she is an older character, one with a great deal of character and class, and, two, that while she is often the catalyst behind the final unveiling of the killer, the process involves the entire set of characters. They all have stories to tell and intriguing backgrounds, adding to the depth of the series. I won't detail the plot as others surely will, but will simply say that if you enjoy a well written, clever mystery with characters that could be real people you know or at least wish you knew, "Wreathing Havoc" should be a must read.  
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murder at the Rusty Anchor (A Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery 6), by Maddie Day

   Publication June 25, 2024 Not exactly the way Mackenzie "Mac" Almeida wanted to start her work day. She knew it couldn't be...