500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Thursday, September 29, 2022

Daisy with three precious, autographed books

 No reviews, just my mind detouring after running across my autographed book stash.

Yes, even that worn paperback copy of "Woodsong" is autographed. It was my first copy and intro to all things Alaska and the wonder of Gary Paulsen as an author so it seemed only appropriate I have him autograph it when I had the chance. 

The Dick Van Dyke book was a find online, as was the Joe Biden book. Van Dyke, of course, is a long time favorite and I couldn't resist the chance to snag an autographed copy of his memoir. At the time I grabbed the Joe Biden autographed book, he was an ex-Vice President and seemingly out of politics for good. Imagine my delight to now have the autograph of the President of the United States on a very heartfelt book about his son Beau's death from cancer. 

In any case, all treasures for different reasons. Paulsen because he changed my life as this book would ultimately spur my curiosity about Alaska and lead to me ultimately living here. Van Dyke because I grew up laughing at his various tv shows. Who can forget his famous prat fall over that footstool? Biden, well, my family, too, has been touched by cancer and it was touching to see how someone in the spotlight dealt with this blow. That he became President was just an extra.

And that's my mind detour of the day after dusting off some bookshelves. Read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murder at the Rusty Anchor (A Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery 6), by Maddie Day

   Publication June 25, 2024 Not exactly the way Mackenzie "Mac" Almeida wanted to start her work day. She knew it couldn't be...