500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Painting with Bob Ross for Kids, by Bob Ross Inc


 Publication October 17, 2023

I do hope someone with kids handy invests in this book and shares some of the results with me although, shh, it’d work for adults, too. Materials available at bobross.com but haven’t checked prices. No, not planning to do any painting myself but since it appears it’d be doable for my old self, betting that most anyone could be successful. Subjects seem relatively simple and, yes, I did notice that “happy little trees” are included. 

Bottom line, this is a fun, easy-to-follow guide to create the Bob Ross way. I always enjoyed his show, so it was a delight to relive my memories as I went through the book. Combining comic style illustrations and simple, easy to understand step-by-step instructions with pictures, the book will guide you to success. I noted that, yes, while you need more than a simple brush and some paint, all available online, as noted, the items needed are limited and should be easy to find. I particularly liked that, in the spirit of Ross, the book frequently reminds us that there are no mistakes, just learning as we go. Living in Alaska, the source of much of Ross's inspiration, I grinned as I imagined myself in some of the settings and bet you will, too. This should be a must have for anyone who has the yen to create, whether child or adult. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hmm, Christmas gift, anyone?

Thanks so much #NetGalley and #QuartoPublishingGroup - #WalterFoster for allowing me to bask in the "happy trees" and moments that Bob Ross so inspired in us all. Wonderful to see how his style is being passed along from generation to generation. It genuinely brought a smile to my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...