500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Animal FACTopia!, by Julie Beer; Andy Smith (illustrator), Britannica Group


 Publication April 4, 2023

What a fun read. I spent a great deal of time flipping back-and-forth, not to mention chuckling and registering surprise. It's tempting simply to share a list of the facts that got my attention but that would ruin part of the fun for you as you encounter them the first time. I'll simply say that although I never once pondered why most bats sleep hanging upside-down, I now know. I also know that at my slowest, I've got a snail's pace beat, plus what a giraffe and human's neck have in common. It's also pretty obvious why sea otters were almost hunted out of existence at one time for their fur. 

Nope, not telling. You'll have to read the book (or maybe do some series research over at Britannica, which verified these facts). Fun book with lots of colorful, even amusing illustrations at time by Andy Smith as well as photos. A comprehensive index is included for those, like me, who tend to jump around. This will make a great addition to anyone's bookshelves.

Thanks so much for sharing this with me #NetGalley and #BritannicaBooks. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women in the Valley of the Kings: The Untold Story of Women Egyptologists in the Gilded Age, by Kathleen Sheppard

 Publication July 16, 2024 If you're into Egyptology or archeology, this fascinating book should be on your shelf. On the other hand, if...