500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Mayflower, by Nathaniel Philbrick


 One of Amazon’s Top 30 Books in 2006

I read this years ago but just found it on sale as an ebook and decided it would be a good time to revisit my Pilgrim ancestors. Yes, like millions of others, my roots go back to the decks of the Mayflower. In fact, two of the most known passengers, John Alden and Priscilla Mullens. 

In any case, since I’ll be re-reading this in spurts between other books, so check back in periodically for any updates. I’ll simply say for now that my memory reminds me how very tough both the voyage and establishing Plymouth were. 

 Probably the main thing to point out again is that tho' the group is usually ID'd in mass as Puritans, not all those on the Mayflower were Puritans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women in the Valley of the Kings: The Untold Story of Women Egyptologists in the Gilded Age, by Kathleen Sheppard

 Publication July 16, 2024 If you're into Egyptology or archeology, this fascinating book should be on your shelf. On the other hand, if...