500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

What Unites Us, by Dan Rather (old post I made on Facebook)

 Just ran across this "Memory" on Facebook and thought it was worth sharing here. Originally shared 2017.


Had lunch out earlier but home and curled back up on the couch with a dog on my lap and a book in my hand. Still reading Dan Rather's "What Unites Us" and recommend it to anyone with an interest in where we came from and how the heck we got where we are today. 
 
Just finished a section near and dear to my heart called, what else, books. Made me smile in remembrance when he recounted when the power of the library card was first revealed to him. 
 
Oh, what a great memory it brings back of browsing the library in my ol' home town and always finding more books that I wanted than we were then allowed to check out at one time. Horse books, ie "Black Stallion...." were always at the tops of my list but I do so remember the wonder of "Secret Garden" and so many more. I cannot imagine what my world would have been like without books....and adults who modeled reading to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olive You to Death (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #16), by Lynn Cahoon

 Publication June 4, 2024 Let's see, missing bride, hidden treasure, and, oh, yeah, a dead body. I mean, it isn't like Jill doesn...