500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Friday, June 21, 2024

Pinned 4 Murder, by J. C. Eaton

 

Publication July 16, 2024

Fun! Laugh out loud fun! Crazy chaos and memorable characters make this one of my favorite series. I've never been disappointed spending time with Phee and the cast of characters and, trust me, some of them are real characters. I very much appreciate the list and succinct but accurate descriptions provided upfront. This one is developing quite a multitude of characters. Heck, the authors, a husband and wife team, even mention the four-legged ones, which is quite appropriate. Long time readers probably come as much to see what mischief and mayhem Streetman creates as to catch up Phee and those about her. Phee's dreaded visits to the dog park with him are always a hoot. And, oh, yeah, there's a murder.

I won't even attempt to summarize the plot. That'd deprive you of the fun, laughs, and eye rolls to come as you try to work out whodunit. I will note that the cover gives you a big hint of some of Streetman's antics, not to mention his role in the hilariouslu gone-wrong sit-in. You'll like the characters, even if you may want to hug Phee (and Marshall and Nate could use one, too) in sympathy (or disbelief) at what has just happened. And, let's see, what else can I hint at without giving away too much? How about the appearance of lizards? Lots of lizards. On the serious side, cyber crime is focused on, I will note. If you spend any time online, you've surely seen posts from supposed to-good-to-be true (usually) men seeking love and romance....who just happen to need you to send money to them at some point. While I love these books for their humor, this is an important issue and I applaud the authors for including it in the plot.

And, oh, enough teasers. Read the blurb. If you're looking for a quick, fun read that'll give you lots of laughs as you envision hilarious scenes as they play out, this is the book for you. Five stars for the fun and how, somehow, the authors always manage to bring all the threads together at the end. Thanks #NetGalley and #BeyondThePagePublishing for giving me this sneak peek at Phee's world again. I am already looking forward to my next visit and wondering what mischief Streetman will get into based on that last teaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Return to Common Sense: How to Fix America Before We Really Blow It, by Leigh McGowan

  Publication Sept. 17, 2024 "Common sense is not so common." -- Voltaire This should be must reading for anyone interested in pol...