500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Santa's Lost Elves: A Funny Christmas Holiday Storybook Adventure for Kids, by Rachel Hilz , Remesh Ram (Illustrator)

 

Santa to the rescue! With help from the reindeer, of course.

I loved every moment of the fun, rhythmical read. The illustrations are colorful and show us Santa looking everywhere for his missing elves. As the story is being read -- seriously, it's a fun read -- children can offer ideas, of course, since Santa doesn't seem to be having much luck at first. As a former teacher, I loved that the first sign of something being wrong was the silence. Most adults quickly learn that when things are normally active and noisy, total silence is rarely a good sign. Children should also immediately enjoy the antics of the elves and funny looking reindeer. In other words, lots to like as we find out Santa isn't living in the dark ages, either. Good thing, too, as it helps him save his elves and some humans, too. The "back home again" illustrations are a hoot.

As noted, I thoroughly loved the fun, bouncy spirit of this story. Since I like to try read-aloud type books, well, aloud, I even read it aloud to the only one handy, my dog. Even she seemed to appreciate the rhythmic bounce of the lyrical story. So, four paws up and a tail wag from my Daisy dog. Santa, she'll leave her list by the fireplace. Thanks #NetGalley and #BooksGoSocial for sharing this fun tale with me. I think it may become an annual read, even if I no longer qualify as a child. Hey, us big kids like fun stories, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...