500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Sunday, February 4, 2024

TAILS OF LOVE: Canine Parables for the Heart, by Daniel Weaver

 

Publication Feb. 9, 2024

Oh....(said with a smile as I exhale in delight), I love this. If you've had dogs in your life, the book will surely trigger an array of emotions and memories. Why dogs haven't given up on us mere humans yet is beyond me, but as I write this with my own furry love ball in my lap, I'm glad they haven't. They have subtle lessons to teach us.

While aimed at children, this one has something for all ages. While adult memories will be stirred, children may ooh and aah over the wonderful illustrations. Some made me want to laugh, cry, or sigh, usually all at once. Yes, they're powerful. I honestly can't pick a favorite story (all seem to run to one page with the illustration facing them), the all appealed to me on some level. Each reminds us of the role or value of dogs in our lives, pointing out how they are patient, kind, and sensitive, somehow maintaining that forever bond with humans who may or may not truly deserve such devotion. They genuinely are "man's best friend". Thanks so much #NetGalley and #DreamWovenBooks for giving me this lovely gift of reading and smiling and going aah repeatedly as I went through the book. It was a heartwarming reminder of how much we owe our furry friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...