500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Introverts Unite to Color! But Separately and In Your Own Homes: A Comically Calming Adult Coloring Book for Introverts, from H.R. Wallace Publishing

 

Color on! Go dig out your colored pencils or markers or a long forgotten box of crayons. There's fun to be had here. There's something relaxing about simply sitting down in a comfy chair and coloring a picture. We knew it as children but somehow forgot this simple pleasure as we aged. 

While this collection targets introverts, it should be a fun, relaxing activity for all, even if you tend to color outside the lines. I could go into great detail about the benefits but, well, fun tops the list for me. I've always enjoyed coloring and have several adult coloring books scattered about at any given time. The drawings just begging to be colored here are humorous and offer the chance for lots of color choices. My only qualm was that although there is a dog in one of the pictures, this one was probably largely designed with cat people in mind. No matter. Still fun.

The drawings are cute and funny. See the cover. There are 58 pages with fun sayings. Each drawing occupies a full page with the facing side blank, meaning you can easily remove said artwork without having to choose one side over the other. I had the ebook version, so can't address the quality of the paper but given the design, lean toward it probably being quite appropriate for most coloring tools, maybe even paints. No author/illustrator credited, so probably done in house by the publishers. 

Kudos to the creators who managed one of my favorite sayings since covid appeared, "It's too peopley outside." Another, although I'd have to change the "cat" to "dog", was "I'd love to but my cat and I already have plans." "Enjoy the silence" was another appropriate one for those of us who crave the peace of silence and nothing but a furry pet to distract us from out books, ie "Not today. I'm already booked". Bottom line, lots of fun. Thanks #NetGalley and #HRWallacePublishing for the creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...