500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Friday, March 31, 2023

And Then There Was You (Chestnut Ridge #1), by Nancy Naigle

 

Publication June 27, 2023

"Families can be difficult." So says one insightful character. On the other hand, as Natalie Maynard learns, family can cocoon you in a warm sense of being loved and safe. By the time I finished this book, I know I felt like I wanted to give a warm hug to everyone, family, friends, and loved ones. What a delightful, embracing nod to belonging, family, and finding your own safe space. And, let's not forget that adorable Beagle puppy whose name I'll leave readers to learn as they read. 

To be brief, Natalie is conned out of almost everything she had, including self esteem. Friends like Sheila immediately step forward to help while detective Randy Fellowes vows to solve the mystery of who did it and restore as much of Natalie's life and well-being as is humanly possible. Let's just say, he's attracted to Natalie but feels he can't acknowledge that until all is put right. 

In the meantime, Natalie is finding a welcoming home in Chestnut Ridge, inspired by the author's own home amidst the Blue Ridge Mountains. She's finding family, yes, but also herself. Her talents. She's also learning that family doesn't only mean the people you're related to but those who embrace you as family. In fact, she discovers far more in Chestnut Ridge. 

Fans of romance, especially with a touch of mystery, will love this book. Heck, I don't even read much romance nowadays and it left me with the warm fuzzies. I'm looking forward to my next visit. Thanks #NetGalley and #StMartinsPress for introducing me to Chestnut Ridge. My early years were spent in the hills of Ohio, so I had the sense of returning home. No castles where I lived, though, dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Summer Swap, by Sarah Morgan

  Publication May 7, 2024 How does one learn how to be true to oneself after a lifetime of repressing ones own needs and desires? Three wome...