500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Santa's Lost Reindeer: A Christmas Book That Will Keep You Laughing, by Rachel Hilz , Remesh Ram (Illustrator)

 

My intentions of saving this one until Christmas Day were dashed every time I saw this adorable cover and remembered the fun of the newer lost elves book. I think there's one out there, too, about Santa's lost sleigh but maybe I'll save it until next Christmas. The illustrations are colorful and and add to the humor of the situation. Not that it's funny that Santa has lost his reindeer Bucky, he of the bright yellow nose. Seems a jet startled him and he got loose from the team and disappeared. Santa is forced to seek help. Wouldn't you be surprised to have Santa pounding on your door Christmas eve needing to borrow your four-wheeled drive truck? This family certainly is but rises to the situation and the search is on. Will they find Bucky in time? Will the blizzard slow them down?

Fun. That is the best word to describe this book. The illustrations are all fun but I think my favorites, beside the cover, were of the reindeer relaxing in the family's garage, one lounging, some playing with the childrens' toys, and, yeah, one reading. That said, I laughed out loud while reading it aloud to the dog, my best listener, at the scene of Santa defrosting Bucky with a hair dryer. The rhythmic bounce and easy flow of the story held her attention, so I'm sure it'd do the same for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murder at the Rusty Anchor (A Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery 6), by Maddie Day

   Publication June 25, 2024 Not exactly the way Mackenzie "Mac" Almeida wanted to start her work day. She knew it couldn't be...