500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Hippie Wagon Homicide, by Mildred Abbott

 


While I wasn't as immediately taken by this book as a previous series, it shows promise. Interesting characters with equally interesting back stories and experiences, plus an intriguing cast of characters. It took me a bit to find the rhythm of the book but once I did, I was intrigued. The Twister Sisters' business, hippie wagons, generosity and friendship all blend together and make them who they are and as I got to know them better, I found myself nodding with approval at the new series. True, I somehow expected a corgi to make an appearance but the resident dog we've met sounds like a winner, too. The illustrations were an added touch, giving life to the people within. There's even romance brewing. Looking forward to the next book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murder at the Rusty Anchor (A Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery 6), by Maddie Day

   Publication June 25, 2024 Not exactly the way Mackenzie "Mac" Almeida wanted to start her work day. She knew it couldn't be...