500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

The Spell of a Story, by Mariajo Ilustrajo

 

Publication June 4, 2024

Do you remember your very first book? The first you read on your own? I'd like to say I do but I honestly don't. I'm pretty sure it probably had a horse on the cover, though. Let's just say there was a reason I went through my grandfather's stash of Louis L'Amour books at an early age and spent my make-believe time pretending to be a horse. Grin.

This book is absolutely adorable. Magical even, with the illustrations gradually becoming more and more colorful as the little girl becomes more and more immersed in the book her big sister helps her choose. Reluctantly choose, I'll note, as she's sure she hates reading. And, don't forget to check out the book shelves in the photos. I'm just saying....

Bottom line, this one should be a must on any parent or teacher's shelf. The words flow and the artwork is well-done, capturing the spirit of the story as it goes along. I liked the simple yet distinctive artwork and use of expressions and color to convey what we gain from reading. Pay attention to the font/script, too, as it adds to the fun. Lucky for me, I don't recall a time when books weren't a part of my life, even when I was of an age to hold them upside-down, so I'm all for more books about books and how they can change our outlook and worlds. Thanks #NetGalley and #QuartoPublishingGroup - #FrancesLincolnChildren'sBooks for reminding me of the delightful gift my book loving family gifted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How The Beatles Rocked The World, by Stephen F Kelly

 Publication May 30, 2024 To paraphrase Dylan, the times were definitely changing. I went into this book expecting it to generate a virtual ...