500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Sunday, April 7, 2024

A Love Letter to My Library, by Lisa Katzenberger, Rob Sayegh, Jr. (Illustrator)

 

Publication June 4, 2024

This book is exactly what the title says it is, a love letter to the library. It celebrates all the reasons we love libraries, from the perfect books just for us to story telling and even arts and crafts, not to mention cozy spots to curl up and read. The characters shown are diverse, including wheelchair characters (and ramps), and show both children and adults. While some of the adults pictured seem to be parents to the children seen, I liked that some were simply there, reminding us that the library is for everyone. There's even a giant "Welcome" sign using not only a heart for the "o" but on a rainbow of colors. Lovely, as are the shelves depicted full of books and more books, as well as computers to connect us to the world and others. 

Although there is no real story, simply a recollection of what we can find/do in the library, the book works well. I liked the diversity, shown rather than told, I'll note, and am now jealous that my library doesn't have a fish tank. Thanks #NetGalley and #SourcebooksKids - #SourcebooksExplore for this lovely tribute to one of my favorite places on earth, the library. One of the first things I did when I moved here was go get a library card, I must admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olive You to Death (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #16), by Lynn Cahoon

 Publication June 4, 2024 Let's see, missing bride, hidden treasure, and, oh, yeah, a dead body. I mean, it isn't like Jill doesn...