500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Who Stole Mr. T? , by Deserae Brady, Dustin Brady


 Published Oct. 18, 2022    Leila and Nugget Mystery #1

I had the audio version. DURATION 1 Hours, 9 Minutes

This one was just plain fun. I was instantly drawn to it by the adorable pup on the cover, plus I know a "Mr. T". I've even turtle-sat for him a few times. So, this one felt very near to me.

I loved the narrator, Emily Eiden. She had just the right mix of fun, sharing, worry, goofiness, and even whine at just the right time. Not only will children enjoy this story (target audience is about ages 6-10) but my hunch is adults would enjoy it, too. Like me, they'll be pondering "How far away could a turtle run?" while admiring Leila's willingness to give up a day off to help a friend find his pet.

Bottom line, one and all will enjoy following Leila and her adorable dog Nugget as they help solve the mystery surrounding Mr. T's whereabouts. Adult readers, you can reassure children that this one has a happy ending, btw, so no worries there. Thanks #NetGalley and #AndrewsMcMeelAudio - #AndrewsMcMeelPublishing for letting me hang out with Leila and Nugget and help with the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Reading Rainbow: The Untold Story of a Beloved Children's Series, by Barbara Irwin, Tony Buttino, Pam Johnson

Publication June 18, 2024 I knew immediately I was going to thoroughly enjoy this book as I read Barbara Irwin's preface. Her warm remem...