500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Friday, July 29, 2022

Hold the Line: The Insurrection and One Cop's Battle for America's Soul (ebook), by Michael Fanone, with John Shiffman

 

Publication Oct. 11, 2022

Powerful. As I read, I felt like I'd been transitioned back to that fateful day when I watched in horrified disbelief the events going down in Washington DC. Given the impact this book had on me, I cannot imagine what it must have taken Michael Fanone to find the will to write it. It took strength of not just character but belief. His belief that our democracy was on the line shines through. We owe him and the others who stood firm on the side of democracy a huge thank you.

As such, I won't detract from the importance of this book by trying to find the fancy words to describe it. It carries a powerful punch. Read it.

Thank you #MichaelFanone #NetGalley and AtriaBooks for making this important work available to the American people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women in the Valley of the Kings: The Untold Story of Women Egyptologists in the Gilded Age, by Kathleen Sheppard

 Publication July 16, 2024 If you're into Egyptology or archeology, this fascinating book should be on your shelf. On the other hand, if...