500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Monday, June 27, 2022

Live and Let Grind (A Coffee Lover's Mystery #3) ,by Tara Lush

 

Publication Oct. 11, 2022   Crooked Lane Books

Murder by leaf blower?

Yes! I love it when I find a new-to-me series that sucks me in and refuses to let me leave. That compulsion to finish once I started made me appreciate Lana's seeming inability to let go of a case. To quickly summarize, Lana's friend Erica's temper gets the best of her and she gets into it with a neighbor who has the annoying habit of running his loud leaf blower way too early, too often, and too long. Then, the neighbor is murdered. Former reporter Lana feels the need to investigate when Erica becomes a suspect. Then one of the customer's in the coffee shop belonging to Lana's family is poisoned. Are the two cases related? 

 How is it that Lana isn't aware that her own neighbors are doing a true crime podcast? Could the killer be the victim's wife, Honey? Why is Lana's father arrested while dressed up as a monkey? Will Lana ever meet boyfriend Noah's mother? Is Stanley the Shih Tzu spoiled rotten? What's the story on Lana's school friend who disappeared years ago? What's the wildest mailbox design you've ever seen? Who.... oh, never mind. Enough questions to tantalize you to read.

"Live and Let Grind" is a fun, quick read. My thanks to #NetGalley and #CrookedLaneBooks for letting me virtually travel back to my ol' state of Florida to meet Lana and friends. I'm looking forward to many future visits. I'm not even much of a coffee drinker but would love to try an Orange Blossom Special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murder on Devil's Pond (Hummingbird Hollow B&B Mystery #1), by Ayla Rose

  Publication July 9, 2024 How well do we ever know other people? This is a promising start to a brand new series. I'm not quite sure it...