500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Can I Pet Your Dog?, by Jeremy Nguyen

 

Publication Oct. 25, 2022

Fun. Plain ol' fun. 

Being blessed with a dog that people just seem drawn to pet, which is warmly welcomed by my girl, I grinned as the artwork brought back a few memories. True, some of the "ideas" get a bit outlandish near the end but, well, it's not meant to be taken literally, just to express the joy of interaction with dogs. I particularly liked not just the different types of dogs pictured but that at one point we see a dog with wheels, not to mention a human in a wheelchair. Good inclusion. A good way to initiate a discussion of not just the various dog breeds with a child but why and how to include those with disabilities, not to mention the importance of asking permission before approaching someone else's dog.

The artwork is cute and nicely celebrates the love of dogs. Hey, if a tough looking goth guy can get down on his knees to give my dog a tummy rub, maybe some of these tongue-in-cheek suggestions aren't so outlandish after all. This will make a great gift for all your dog loving friends. 

Thanks to #NetGalley and #ChronicleBooks for letting me pet the dogs. Now I need to go try to make up with my own pet-me-magnet dog for being distracted by some other virtual dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puppy Love and Panic: A Talking Dog Cozy Mystery (Heywood Hounds Cozy Mysteries Book 4), by Carly Winter

  Publication May 23, 2024 Has not just a clever amateur sleuth but a cute puppy and talking dog. Daisy, the talking dog, and Mustard, the a...