500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Prancer the Demon Chihuahua: Fashionista, Icon, and Heckin’ Good Boofer, by Pam Pho (author) , Cloris Chou (Illustrations)

 

Publication Jan. 17, 2023

I'm not so sure I'd call Prancer a demon but, well, then again, those aren't my shoes regularly being watered by Prancer. This is a cute one, aimed at children, and though it's subtle, shows the growing relationship between Prancer, the rescue Chihuahua, and his human. I mean, pay attention to how Prancer, the supposed author, refers to her human throughout. 

Adopted from Last Chance Rescue, Prancer seems to have become famous online, not to mention in drive-thru lines. The book part details Prancer's growing attachment to his human, Prancer's likes and dislikes as well as favorite activities, not to mention offers up cute little games and jokes throughout. My favorite joke, btw, is one my short legged corgi mix would agree with. "What do you call a Chihuahua in the rain? Mad." 

Chihuahua lovers are sure to find something familiar and to chuckle over as they read. I rated it a 3.5 for me, rounded to a 4, which is more likely to be an accurate rating for children. Thanks #NetGalley and #AndrewsMcMeelPublishing for introducing me to Prancer and giving me a few chuckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women in the Valley of the Kings: The Untold Story of Women Egyptologists in the Gilded Age, by Kathleen Sheppard

 Publication July 16, 2024 If you're into Egyptology or archeology, this fascinating book should be on your shelf. On the other hand, if...