500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Trooper at the Beverly Hills Hotel, by Susan McCauley (Author), Darlee Urbitondo (Illustrator)


Publication Nov. 22, 2022

My first move after finishing this short, sweet read was to go cuddle with my own dog. Like Trooper, I consider her special, even if she's never gotten to stay in as upscale a place as the Beverly Hills Hotel or fly on Sylvester Stallone's private jet. Dogs do make us whole, however, no matter where we live or what our circumstances. Kudos to Andrea Eastman for sharing a bit of her beloved Trooper's life with us, albeit fictional from Trooper's point of view. I loved the illustrations and photos, too, and know he is missed. My furry girl sends you a lick. 

To be brief, this is Trooper's story of his stay at an upscale hotel while his person was undergoing surgical treatment. The hotel seems to have opened both its doors and hearts to Andrea and Trooper and I had to smile thinking of him taking his own leash in his mouth to prowl the lobby to see who was available to take him for a stroll. My girl doesn't do the leash in mouth thing but, oh, my, she does have a way of demanding, er, asking politely for a walk. In other words, this book will resonate with dog lovers everywhere, no matter their age, and the illustrations are lovely. 

Thanks #NetGalley and #BooksGoSocial for letting me tag along virtually for that ride on a private jet and well-cared for stay at the hotel. This book is sure to delight not just the target audience, children, but adults and pet lovers all over. My Daisy gives it four paws up and a tail wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's No Murder Like Show Murder, by M.S. Greene

 Publication July 23, 2024 Excellent start to a new series. Main character Tasha Weaver is a smart, detail oriented person whose life seems ...