500 Book Reviews 80% Reviews Published Professional Reader

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wild Animals: Learn to draw using basic shapes--step by step!,y Emily Fellah

 


Let me begin by saying that in addition to showing us how to draw different wild animals, I have personal experience in adding that they're great diversions in an extended power outage, too. Emily Fellah has done a wonderful job bringing art down to the basics for not just children but anyone who is interested in drawing "Wild Animals". Since I live in Alaska where will animals tend to roam at will almost everywhere, including out front yards, I was naturally drawn to this book. I was disappointed not to find instructions for a moose but, hmm, with just a little tweaking of the antlers shown in the illustration creative hands created a passable moose. We'll work on that. In other words, while these instructions are basic, they can also provide the inspiration to tweak and add and create not just slightly different versions of the selected animals but others as well. The tools needed are basic, pencil, paper, eraser, and preferably some colors. Bottom line, this one is a great inspiration for all, even us big kids. Loved it, even if I hope the author will add a moose next time. It should be a hit with all ages and I'm thinking I might even try doing some rock painting with the designs.

Thanks to #NetGalley, #EmilyFellah, and #QuartoPublishingGroup – #WalterFoster for providing such a fun diversion during Alaska's recent wild windstorm with extended power outages. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Olive You to Death (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #16), by Lynn Cahoon

 Publication June 4, 2024 Let's see, missing bride, hidden treasure, and, oh, yeah, a dead body. I mean, it isn't like Jill doesn...